Gracheva I. V.
Curiosities and Rarities of Handwritten Manuscripts in the State Archive of the Ryazan Region ” P. 105-115.
Abstract. The analysis of handwritten manuscripts stored in regional archival collections has been gaining greater relevance, for it promotes deeper investigation of the worldview of people of past epochs, both city dwellers and rural dwellers. The article analyzes a number of underinvestigated
handwritten manuscripts of the 18th–19th centuries that are preserved in the State Archive of the Ryazan Region. Special attention is given to exceptionally rare and historically or culturally significant sources. The author of the article is primarily interested in literary texts. The author of the article analyzes them through the prism of history, culture and everyday life of the epoch when they were created. The aim of the article is to share findings that can further promote the investigation of the issue. Documents preserved in regional archival collections can help a researcher to understand the evolution and transformation of urban dwellers’ and rural dwellers’ tastes, morals and customs.
Keywords: archival materials, literary sources, rare texts, handwritten manuscripts of the 18th–19th centuries.
- Bolotov A. T. Izbrannoe [Selected Works]. Pskov, Pskov Regional Teacher Training Institute Publ., 1993, 352 p. (In Russian).
- Gosudarstvennyj arhiv Rjazanskoj oblasti. Nauchnaja biblioteka; no. 13119, Sbornik raznyh vypisok i pisem; no 13370, Sochinenija i bumagi S. P. Rumjanceva [State Archive of the Ryazan Region. Research Library; no, 13119, Collected Letters and Notes; no. 13370, S. P. Rumyantsev’s Essays and Documents]. Vol. 1 ; F. 869, Op. 1, D. 484 : Rukopisnyj sbornik rjazanskogo kupca [A Ryazan Merchant’s Manuscripts]; D. 610 : Sbornik basen neizvestnogo avtora [Collected Fables by an Unknown Author]. (In Russian).
- Gubin D. V., Sevast’janova A. A. Describing Manuscripts of the State Archive of the Ryazan Region. Rjazanskaja vivliofika [Ryazan Bibliophics]. Ryazan, Aleksandr Rautman Publ., 2001, iss. 2, pp. 3–18. (In Russian).
- Trudy Rjazanskoj uchenoj arhivnoj komissii (TRUAK) [Works of Ryazan Scientific Archival Commission]. Ryazan, Province Publ., vol. 2, iss. 2, 1888, pp. 24–25 ; vol. 4 : Appendices, 1890, 4 p. ; vol. 5, iss. 4, pp. 39–58. (In Russian).
- Krestova L. V. S. P. Rumyantsev — a Writer and a Publicist (1755–1838). Russkaja literatura XVIII veka. Jepoha klassicizma [Russian Literature of the 18th Century. The Epoch of Classicism]. Moscow, Leningrad, Science Publ., 1964, pp. 91–128. (In Russian).
- Kuz’mina V. D. Parody in Satirical and Humorous Manuscripts of the 18th Century. Zapiski otdela rukopisej Gosudarstvennoj biblioteki imeni V. I. Lenina [Manuscripts of the Department of Manuscripts of the State Library named for V. I. Lenin]. Moscow, 1955, iss. 17, pp. 145–153. (In Russian).
- Pryzhov I. G. Stat’i. Pis’ma [Essays. Articles. Letters]. Moscow, Leningrad, Academy Publ., 1934, 486 p. (In Russian). (In Russian).
- Pyljaev M. P. Staryj Peterburg. Rasskazy o byloj zhizni stolicy [The Old St. Petersburg. Tales of the Olden Days]. Moscow, OLMA Media Grupp Publ., 2014, 304 p. (In Russian).
- Rovinskij D. A. Russian Folk Drawings: b. 1. Sbornik otdelenija russkogo jazyka i slovesnosti Imperatorskoj Akademii nauk [Collected Works of the Department of the Russian Language of the Imperial Academy of Sciences]. 1881, vol. 23, pp. 341–343. (In Russian).
- Kurganov E. Ohtin N. (comps.). Pycckij literaturnyj anekdot konca XVIII — nachala XIX veka [Russian Literary Jokes of the Late 18th — Early 19th Centuries]. Moscow, Belles Lettres Publ. 1990, 270 p. (In Russian).
- Filippov D. Ju. The Fire of 1837 in Ryazan: Essays about Everyday Life of the First Half of the 19th Century. Urbi et orbi. Ryazan, Politeh Publ., 2020, pp. 214–264. (In Russian).
- Fonvizin D. I. Sobranie sochinenij : v 2 tomah [Collected Works: in 2 vols.]. MakogonenkoP. (comp.). Moscow, State Publishing House of Fiction Publ., 1959, vol. 2, 742 p. (In Russian).